Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Doll projects

  1. #11
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did a search for "doll projects" (searching for all words and entire message) and came up with this list. Some of them are obviously the doll projects (as indicated in the topic). I'm not sure if the other topics contain message info about the doll projects. I haven't read them all yet.

    doll projects

    I have an idea for a doll project but it's not really historical (even though it's setting did occur in the past). Yet it's not futuristic either. Mine is more of a fantasy, based on one of my favorite books, Dinotopia. NOT the Dinotopia of the miniseries or tv series! But of the books (BIG difference!). It's set in 1862 on an uncharted island in the Indian Ocean. It is an island where people co-exist with...ready for this?...don't laugh...dinosaurs!

    People from various cultures have arrived on the island after being shipwrecked, unable to leave due to dangerous reefs and currents. They integrate their lives with each other and with the dinosaurs. The humans and dinosaurs live together, eat together, work together, and play together.

    The book contains detailed cultural information. The clothing worn by the characters is varied and represents many nations. There is even a language developed by the dinosaurs, used by both humans and dinosaurs.

    I have a character which I used in the past when writing Dinotopia fanfics and participating in RP's. She is a hatchery worker (a place where dinosaur eggs are tended to) but travels all over the island.

    For the doll project I would probably use my daughter's Felicity (because my character's hair is similar to the color hair which the newer Lissie's have). For clothing I could use some of Josefina's because many of the Dinotopians wear loose colorful clothing. I might add some other clothing and accessories too. My older son has been collecting Carnegie dinosaur replicas for some time, so I would use those.

    Even though my project doesn't fit with the original purpose of the doll project (historical projects), I think that I would enjoy doing it and participating in the doll projects. Of course, I might have to wait until after Christmas when my daughter gets Felicity. But then again, maybe I could just take Felicity out of the spare bedroom while my daughter is at school and work on my project.

    This sounds fun!

    <font color="#020176" size="1">[ July 28, 2003 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Virginia ]</font>

  2. #12
    Inactive Member girlsatheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought the historical doll idea was really neat too but didn't think I would stick with it enough to made it worth starting. But then I thought of making a doll based on a family member and I think I'm going to do it! We'll see. I'm much more likely to stick with that though.

    I was just up in Connecticut at my moms and I got several photos of her when she was a child as well as some of my Grandma too! I haven't decided yet who to do. It would probably be easiest to do my mom or my husband's mom cause they would have the most pictures. I thought it might be cool to do one of myself, but that might be kinda weird! The neat thing is that she could have a mini Molly!! lol [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member sjdc's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love all the projects that the memebers of the SoAGC have done. I'm glad you might do a historical doll too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Here is the link to Abigail L. Harker, my historical girl: http://www.geocities.com/sarahchristine90/Abigail.html

  4. #14
    Sense Pass King
    Guest Sense Pass King's Avatar

    Post

    I'm in awe of Georgia's Mulan doll,great job! [img]smile.gif[/img] She's my fav Disney character [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Anyways my doll project is about a girl named Bess who travels West w/th her parents in the late 1800's to Oregon. I'm using my Addy doll and my Kirsten's dresses(since I don't have time to sew w/th getting ready to move).

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sarah, thank you for sharing your story about Abigail! It is obvious that you have done your research and put a lot of work into your writing. Keep on working at it and it will just get even better. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

    Please be sure to share any more stories you write about your doll! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    BasenjiMama
    Guest BasenjiMama's Avatar

    Post

    My doll project is Jane, a girl from Regency England. I started a story for her and made her a dress (from the AG pattern for Josefina's Christmas dress), but I haven't written in months! [img]redface.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member sjdc's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Jeanette M.:
    Please be sure to share any more stories you write about your doll! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img] I am actually writing Abigal's Surprise right now. I'm about half way done with it. I'll be sure to let you know when it's done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •